Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pillow Power, Day 4

Ralph Lauren
Today's Pillow Power Series is all about design.  Ralph Lauren is one of my favorite designers. I embrace everything about his style from the masculine: leather, trophies, and tartan plaids, to the feminine: ruffles, silks, and lace, all displayed among vintage pieces and luxurious decor.   It's the epitome of classic and timeless elegance.  My personal home is more eclectic because my decorating attention span doesn't lend itself to one style. But if I had to choose just one, it'd be RL.
Notice how RL layers multiple pillows for boundless opulence.

Here's some RL pillow love- (titles are not actual collection names)

The Masculine-







The Tartan-

The Nautical-


The Monogram-


The Romantic-






You may have noticed by now, unlike previous posts, price tags are not included.  B's pocketbook doesn't include designer price tags.  But never let a price tag stand in the way of what you want.  It's all in the hunt.  Of course, you are not going to find designer pillows as easily, but if you have a favorite designer, look for sales at department stores, outlets and Ebay. 
For my son's room, I wanted the casual RL style.  To obtain the look without the price- try copying key elements and then use a signature piece, like... a pillow.  This pillow was purchased 66% off at Dillard's.  It kind of sums up the room. 

The ensemble was for a song and dance on Ebay.  Two complete J.C. Penney sets for $100 including bedding, shams, pillows, sheets and window treatments, all brand new in the package.  We are currently only using one set. Hopefully our next house will have a larger bedroom to accommodate both beds/sets.  The only thing missing is another RL pillow.  That was until I went to GW.  Bingo. $2!  (More free advertisement for GW)


 And for my germ-a-phobic friends, (you know who you are,) this one has the removable cover.  


 May you find the will "power" to put on those sneakers and go track down your favorite designer look out of a penny pinching pocketbook!

10 comments:

Julie Harward said...

You certainly have done your research girl, I think you have found every pillow out there! LOL

Anonymous said...

Great stories this week with all the pillows. I am definitely enjoying it. AND great SCORE finding pillow #2 at GW. Keep searching for your treasures. Thanks for sharing! (PS: I have the Target love birds on my bed.)

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

I do love the classic designs of Ralph Lauren. The only thing that bugs me his his logo in some odd places. I love the look of those nautical pillows! Especially the striped ones.

Heather said...

Ralph Lauren is one of my favorite designers as well! I have always loved his florals. In fact, I used RL floral sheets to make window treatments in my dining room. Great post!

Susan said...

I so love that first bedroom you posted! It looks so rich and luxurious! I love the tone on tone affect! So beautiful!

A Vintage Vine said...

Another great pillow post!

Cindy said...

I, too, love RL's style, I love his masculine decor, it is so perfect for couples where the man does not appreciate feminine decor. (Like us.) I love the RL feminine things, too.
Hugs, Cindy

Donna said...

My favorite is the brown wool with the buttons...would love it...gotta look for it! Have all the last bears...fun!

Debbiedoos said...

I have a pillow thing too! I have so many at this point I had to put them in space savers...I loved all these features. The RL is so cute.

Unknown said...

I am 100% in agreement about RL...love him. :)
I love what you did with your son's room. Sooooo cute!