Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Party Recipes

The best banana pudding recipe ever! Easy and has a homemade flavor.

Mix16 oz sour cream, 3 large boxes vanilla instant pudding mix and 1 can of sweetened condensed milk. 

Add whole milk to desired consistency. It will be thicker than regular pudding.

Layer vanilla wafers, bananas and pudding. Top with  whipped cream or cool whip.

*Tip- When making individual dessert cups for parties, cool whip works better than  canned whip cream. It will melt, especially if cups sit out for any length of time. 

Strawberry Shortcake (original recipe found here.)

1 yellow sheet cake baked per box directions, cut into small squares
(This was my friend's secret ingredient. The cake is moist and sweet. Makes it delish!)

1 large box vanilla pudding mixed with milk per box directions.

Mix 1 lb fresh slice strawberries with 1 lb frozen strawberries, thawed. 


Layer cake, strawberries, pudding and cool whip until cup is full. Top with fresh strawberry.




 An old stand-by favorite fruit salad recipe. Easy, of course!

1 can peach pie filling
1 lb frozen or fresh strawberries
1 small can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can pineapple chunks, drained
sliced bananas
optional- nuts and coconut
Mix and refrigerate.

I love this recipe because the pie filling keeps bananas from turning brown.  We froze the leftovers. For our grill out yesterday, I let it thaw until slushy. Throw it in the blender, add yogurt or ice cream and it makes a great smoothie!




Another party hit was the sausage cheddar balls. Sometimes it's great to bring out old recipes that maybe people haven't had in a while. I found a secret ingredient to add from Plain Chicken.  Cream cheese! Keeps them moist and tender.

1 lb hot sausage, uncooked
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cups Bisquick
4 oz cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 400F.


Mix until well combined.  Roll into 1-inch balls.  Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brown.


Sausage balls may be frozen uncooked.  If baking frozen, add a few minutes to the baking time. You can also freeze the leftovers. We ate the rest of these yesterday too. Heat in the microwave and pop them in your mouth!

Enjoy!
Posting to Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

21 comments:

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

Banana pudding is one of my favorites! I have never used condensed milk and instant pudding in it, will have to try!

Princess Kate said...

Banana pudding is one of our family's favorite desserts. This looks like a great recipe. Can't wait to try it.

Anonymous said...

Just a hit all that Party food. I sure plan on making those items for some of the gatherings I attend over the summer. Have a great week.
Prayers going up for you and the Doc as you requested last week.

God bless you!
Viola

Michele Smith said...

I don't eat pudding, but my family loves it. They would love the banana pudding! Thanks for sharing

Pamela Gordon said...

I just wrote down the banana pudding recipe. Easy and delicious! Thanks for sharing. Blessings, Pamela

Andrea said...

definately trying each one of these!! hungry already!

Brandi said...

Everything looks so delicious. I love the idea of serving everything in individual cups. Such a nice presentation, vs. scooping it then serving.

SSM said...

Hello Tammy,

You are making me so hungry!

Everything looks great! :)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

LOVE these recipes -- I have to adapt them to be fat free which is certainly possible with the first two but I think I'd be hard-pressed to do the others that way -- LOL! Can't wait to try these out -- so nice to have summer desserts that you can make and not have to use the oven!

Gypsy Heart said...

Hmmmm, I'm starving now! LOVE banana pudding and have never seen this type recipe. Will definitely try it!

Thanks so much for sharing...and making me hungry. :-)

xo
Pat

plaits and paisley said...

Fabulous ideas! x

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Wow, I love sausage cheese balls, and love the twist with cream cheese, I can't believe you had any left to freeze!

Carol

Always Nesting said...

Now I'm seriously starving! I love banana pudding desserts and that is a great recipe.

podso said...

They all look good. Making my mouth water for some good ol banana pudding! yummy! thanks!

Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours said...

Besides an elderly family member, you're the only person I've ever seen who makes fruit salad with peach pie filling! Before she died, Grandma Ross taught me to make it that way, and so I have now for almost 30 years. (Wow, that makes me feel really old!) We always call it Grandma Ross's Peach Tutti Fruiti to distinguish it from "the usual" (with brown bananas) fruit salad! :-)

Sarah said...

Yummy and pretty! I love banana pudding.

Unknown said...

Yummy!

PAINTORDIG.blogspot.com said...

These sound like wonderful recipes. I am going to try the fruit salad soon!

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Beatrice, so many wonderful recipes on your blog. i have been spending sometime going through your post. I have missed so much...Have a great summer.

Love Of Quilts said...

Wonderful Recipes!

Zane Wooder said...

Hey Tammy could I use buttermilk instead of full fat milk?

-Zane of ontario honey