Thursday, April 19, 2012

143

Roses- the universal flower for love.
The Doc doesn't send flowers routinely. He likes for it to be a surprise when he does. Sometimes on special occasions, sometimes just because.
 
Today I was pleasantly surprised.
The Doc was surprised too, but not in a good way.  Yesterday was our anniversary. He's working out of town so he called me several times. I never noticed he was waiting on a response. At 9:00 last night, he asked me to go turn on the back porch light and look outside. I couldn't imagine why but complied. Then he asked, "do you see anything?" "Nothing." "Go look all around." "What? Why?" I had to have a reason if I was going to walk around on the damp grass in the dark. 
Aww...I felt so bad for him.  Grrr...he was upset. The florist did not deliver the flowers.
Today these showed up. And because they were a day late, so did a full refund.  
 I'd call that a very happy anniversary. 
143 has been our little code for years. The number of letters in "I love you." 
We've never looked at life through rose colored glasses. There were too many thorns in our path. But our love has stood the test of time and continues to bloom into a full blown love story. Unlike these flowers, it will never fade. We are tending to it daily and that's how I know.
To my sweetheart-
1432

15 comments:

Cindy said...

Happy Anniversary, my sweet friend!
So you had to spend your birthday without your hubby and your anniversary without him, too. Aww, I feel for both of you. But, I am SO very happy to know that you love each other so! It takes a strong love and a strong desire to tend to that love to make it today. But you know all about that!
Love and hugs, Cindy

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh, how sweet. Happy Anniversary. Too bad the flowers were late. He tried so hard.

Laura at Ms. Smartie Pants said...

Beautiful, the flowers and the words! Congrats...and many more!

Faye Henry said...

Happy Anniversary, my dear...
So wonderful that you appreciate and love each other.. Such a blessing in this world today..
May you have many more ....

Gina said...

What beautiful roses and what a sweet gift! Happy Anniversary to the both of you!

Dee ⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️ said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary to you both.

Dee

Donna said...

What a neat story! Neat that you have a "code". The flowers were worth the wait. Congrats!

Heather said...

Happy anniversary. The roses are beautiful!

thistlewoodfarm said...

Happy belated anniversary to you :) Those roses are amazing.

blessings,
karianne

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

So sweet! Happy Anniversary, and many more! I do love roses. Those are beautiful.

Jenny's Heart said...

We use 143 as an I love You also :)
Your flowers are lovely, even a day later.

Jenny's Heart said...

Woops, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Southwest Cottage Designs said...

How sweet! Happy Anniversary, cuz!

podso said...

That's quite a story. I,m glad the florist made good, and good for your hubby to be so thoughtful, even long distance!

Pamela Bates said...

well, i love that he had you searching out the door for what should have arrived. roses are always lovely. happy anniversary.